Donation Goal For This Project is $300,000
80% Donated/$59,666 To Go
Blood donation is one of the noblest ways in which you can contribute without spending a dime. Here is why you should donate blood:
- Around five crore units of blood are needed every year, though the available amount is only half of the same.
- Every day, around 38000 blood donations are needed, but the actual numbers are much lesser.
- Patients of sickle cell need blood transfusion throughout their lives.
- Hospitals request Blood type O the most
- Lakhs of individuals are diagnosed with cancer every year. A number of them need daily blood transfusion while undergoing chemotherapy treatment.
Some facts about Blood Donation that you may need to know
- Blood can come only from genuine donors, it cannot be manufactured.
- The Blood Group ‘O’ is in most demand and is always in short supply.
- Patients of all other blood types can receive AB- plasma. AB plasma too is in short supply.
Blood donation process:
- The process of blood donation is completely safe. A sterile needle is used every single time and it is discarded after every use.
- Before donating blood, the donor’s blood pressure, temperature, hemoglobin and pulse are checked in order to ensure that it is safe for the donor to donate blood.
- It takes only 10-12 minutes to donate blood. If you take into account the entire time taken between your arrival and departure, it takes slightly above around one hour
- The blood that you donate gets replenished within a matter of days.